Muslim Marriage Celebrant

Hisham Obeid - Perth, Western Australia

Overseas Couples

Overseas Couples getting married in Perth, Australia

Regardless of what country you are from, anyone can get married in Perth, Australia. There is not a lot of red tape and I am happy to assist you with arranging your marriage ceremony. That includes finding a venue in one of our beautiful parks, gardens, beaches, function halls or we also have a conference room that can be made available for you.

Since I have been a Celebrant, I have assisted and arranged marriages for couples from Malaysia, New Zealand, Japan, England, Sweden, France, Singapore, Columbia, China, Morocco, Sri Lanka, Lebanon and Thailand.

Just about all the paperwork can be done via email. The only requirement is that you sign and have the Notice of Intended Marriage form witnessed by an authorised person (see the Notice of Intended Marriage form for who can witness this) in your country and email or send it to me no later than a month prior to the ceremony date. You can then bring your original documents such as birth certificates or an overseas passport with you so these can be sighted by me prior to the ceremony.

Everything else can be done either online or when you arrive in Perth. If either of you have been married before, I will need to see the original divorce papers or death certificate. If these are not in English, then they must be translated by a registered translator. If you are Australian born and coming back home to be married, you will need your original birth certificate, as passports cannot be used for persons born in Australia

You will receive your certified marriage certificate at the conclusion of the ceremony, then the marriage will be registered at the Australian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.

Overseas couples - who require letters for immigration purposes

If your fiancé wishes to enter Australia under a Prospective Spouse Visa, I will supply a suitable letter for the Australian Embassy or Consulate along with a copy of Notice of Intended Marriage. Only one person needs to come to the initial interview to complete the legal forms. If both couples are overseas prior to the wedding, all the arrangements can be completed via email, telephone and or post.

Islamic Only Marriages (Nikah)

If you are interested in an Islamic marriage only, then the requirements are; identification and proof of age, permission from bride's Wali - normally her father, uncle, brother (only if applicable) and if either of you have been married before, then proof of how the previous marriage was dissolved needs to be provided.

Contact me! I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.